We're looking for people interested in joining us!
Have you got a strong interest in aircraft, UAVs, mechatronics or electronics? Do you want to add an astounding project to your portfolio? Do you want to be at the forefront of technology with a project that pushes the capabilities of modern flight research?
Why join us?
- Drastically improve your CV to improve your employability by adding a real-world engineering project
- Learn new engineering topics and apply your theoretical knowledge to practical tasks
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team to develop communication and cooperation skills
- Expand your knowledge base around UAV design and manufacture
- Have the opportunity to guide like-minded individuals in leadership positions
- Have your voice heard in a team who are creating the world's first variable incidence winged UAV
Applications will end on the 3rd of October.
Structural and Manufacturing Engineer
- You will be required to be part of a workflow which designs, manufactures and tests structural components of our Drone.
- You will be required to do hands-on engineering work in the iForge and in the George Porter Workshop, involving testing concepts and building prototypes.
- Experience using Fusion360 or Solidworks is required
- Experience with FEA simulations is desired
- Have experience with iterative manufacturing processes and or fast prototyping processes, e.g 3D printing, laser cutting
- Be willing to complete iForge training for most of the machines including water jet cutter, pillar drill, band saw
Flight Dynamics Engineer
- You will be required to design, manufacture and test the wing structure for our drone.
- We will be CFD simulations on aero elements of our drone.
- Preferably study aerospace engineering
- CFD experience is desired, but will be taught to you
- You will be required to work on communication systems to introduce audio and video livestreams.
- You will help develop a ground station in partnership with SSI.
- You will also design, manufacture and test a new power distribution board to develop and octocopter.
- Experience with programming microcontrollers (e.g. Arduino) is required
- Basic knowledge of electrical UAV systems is preferred
- Knowledge based around electrical manufacturing is preferred
- You will be either be focussing on introducing a payload system and a camera gimbal system, or an image recognition system.
- You will help insure aircraft deliverables are met.
- Experience with programming microcontrollers (e.g. Arduino or Raspberry PI) is required
- Experience using Fusion360 or Solidworks is desired
- Image recognition system would require knowledge of Python